Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Update

I have very sad news to report. Yesterday morning, I went out on my front porch and noticed three smashed blue robin eggs. My heart broke when I looked up at the wreath and noticed that it had been pulled down on the left side, causing the nest to spill its entire contents. The mother robin was nowhere in sight. So sad.

I'm pretty sure it was my neighbor's cat. That darn thing is always in my yard, and uses a spot right next to my porch as its litter box. I was angry at first, but after a few minutes, I remembered that it was just a cat. It didn't know any better. Still pretty sad, though. We had really come to enjoy our little "pet" robin. Oh well...it's the "circle of life," I guess.

On a lighter note, we will finally be getting our new patio! The crew is coming out on Saturday morning to rip out the old one, and will be pouring the new one beginning Monday. We have waited so long, I'd forgotten all about it.

Anyway, that's all for now. I'll post pictures of everything as it happens...oh boy!

No comments:


My blog is worth $3,387.24.
How much is your blog worth?