Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I'm baaack

Not that anyone has noticed, but I'm finally back from my extended vacation. My family and I drove down to Southern California where we visited Disneyland, SeaWorld, etc. (very hectic, to say the least). Then, we drove up to the beautiful Oregon coast, where we spent the last few days of our "vacation" recovering from the previous 8 days. Anyway, it's good to be back home, even though we had some house sitter issues and came back to a filthy mess and a dead yard...oh well. A lot happening at the ranch. The new siding is complete and we just finished painting it. We installed the new garage and porch lights too. It looks fantastic. I don't have any pictures yet, but should try to post some soon.

We're still trying to figure out what to do about plants in the front yard. The old ones were terribly unhealthy to begin with. Then, being trampled on for three weeks straight by big, burly siding contractors put them over the edge. We want something low maintenance that holds its shape well. I like English yew and my wife likes boxwood, but would love more ideas. We think we may wait until September or so, when it cools off a little, so we still have some time to decide.


Also, we can't decide on new address numbers. The old ones were destroyed during the siding replacement, so we have none. We definitely want something unique, but that fits in well with the style of the house. We like these numbers, but are they too reminiscent of the Arts and Crafts style?

No comments:


My blog is worth $3,387.24.
How much is your blog worth?