Friday, October 26, 2007

If you haven't already noticed, I like to collect old postcards and photos of my hometown which date to the time when my home was built. I really like to see how much things have changed. Anyway, here are just a few images I really like.

This one is a shot of the downtown shopping area, circa 1957-58:


This one is of the Pay Less drugstore (downtown). I remember going there as a child. It was there until only a few years ago:


This is a photo of Washington Water Power Company. This building still stands today (built around 1912):


This is a postcard from around 1958 depicting an artist's rendition of the skyline:


This is an aerial shot of the downtown area, circa 1959-60:


This is a photo of the beautiful St. John's Cathedral, circa 1960:


Kinda neat...

No comments:


My blog is worth $3,387.24.
How much is your blog worth?