Friday, April 25, 2008

Ideas

A few weeks ago, I wrote about how I was planning on replacing my old, deteriorating patio with a nice new one this summer. Well, I got multiple bids, and coincidentally, the least expensive bid seems to be the best one. So, the other day, I called the guy to set-up a time for him to begin the job. Our major obstacle at the moment, however, is the terrible weather we've had these past several weeks. The daytime highs can't seem to break 50 degrees, and that's over 10 degrees below average for this time of year. That said, it's just too cold to start pouring concrete.

Anyway, when I spoke to the guy, he said that they could come and tear the old patio out and pour in the gravel base now, and wait to pour the concrete when the weather was more suitable. This got me to thinking...how would a gravel garden/patio area be in that spot? I envisioned garden boxes, chock full of herbs, tomatoes, etc. A couple of Adirondack chairs, a fire pit...you know.

Well, after daydreaming for a few minutes, reality crept back into my mind. Would a gravel garden/patio really be practical? I just don't know. I mean, it sounds like a great thought, but would it really materialize in the way I envisioned? Has anyone else ever tried something similar and liked it? Or, is this just something that I'd eventually turn back into a concrete patio because gravel was a bad idea?

No comments:


My blog is worth $3,387.24.
How much is your blog worth?